Until 1945, the Sorbian School of St. Michael was located on the site of today's Protestant parish centre.
The building was completed in 1951 and is still used today as a community centre and parish flat. Until 1945, the Sorbian School of St. Michael was located on the same place. The school was founded for the Protestant Sorbs in the city of Bautzen. At that time the foundation was initiated by mayor Hartmann and the Sorbian priests Hilbenz and Deacon Kappler. Thanks to generous donations and numerous sponsors, the second Sorbian school in Bautzen was completed in 1804. At the beginning of the 20th century, the educational institution was classified as a Wendish-German school and existed as a school until it was destroyed by the Nazi regime. The garden of the community centre still occasionally hosts cultural and social events. Mehr