Founded in 1851, the bookshop is now located in the Domowina Publishing House building, with the complete assortment on offer.
Since 2006, the bookstore has been located at Tuchmacherstraße. It was first mentioned in the 19th century as a Sorbian bookshop. The shop, founded by Johann Ernst Schmaler, was located near the tower” Reichenturm”. The selection of Sorbian literature was extended in the course of his work by numerous works of Slavic literature. At the beginning of the 20th century it was relocated to the Old Sorbian House. With the prohibition of Sorbian in public life (1937) by the Nazi regime, the Sorbian bookstore was closed and reestablished in 1950. After numerous changes of location, the bookshop moved into its current sales premises in 2006. All publications are available there and also readings and literary events can be experienced. Mehr